The new TR CU Certificate of Conformity for the Customs Union for safety of equipment for use in explosive atmospheres is mandatory for any electrical equipment that is to be operated, or installed, in hazardous areas and potentially explosive atmospheres in these countries.
The certification enables products to obtain clearance at the Russian and Customs Union borders. These certifications replace the GOST-R and Ex GOST-R national Russian certification system, which is being gradually withdrawn.
Customs Union ATEX Certificate
This is the compliance of the products with the requirements of the Customs Union. In general, all TR CU Certification requirements are valid, additionally 4 important Technical Regulations should be applied to TR CU Ex-proof Certificate(Customs Union EAC-EX Certificate).
Now 32 technical regulations of the Customs Union are approved.
TR CU 004/2011 «On safety of low-voltage equipment“,
ТR CU 010/2011 «On safety of machines and equipment“,
TR CU 020/2011 “Electro magnetic compatibility of the equipment”, etc.
- This Technical Regulation is approved by the Decision of the Customs Union Commission No 825 of 18 October 2011.
- An identification criterion of equipment intended for use in explosive atmospheres and Ex-components is the availability of means providing their explosion protection as specified in the manufacturer’s technical documentation, and the explosion-proof marking affixed on the equipment and the Ех-component.
- Equipment intended for use in explosive atmospheres shall be put into circulation in the common territory of the Customs Union(Customs Union EAC-EX Certificate) provided that it passed all required conformity assessment procedures specified in this Technical Regulation EAC-EX Certificate and other Technical Regulations of the Customs Union and EurAsEC that apply to this equipment.
- Equipment intended for use in explosive atmospheres the conformity of which with the requirements of this Technical Regulation of the Customs Union(Customs Union-EX Certificate (EAC-EX Certificate) has not been confirmed shall not be marked with the single Conformity Mark of Member States of the Customs Union, and putting of such equipment into circulation on the market is prohibited.
- Before the realization of equipment in the common customs territory of the Customs Union it shall be subject to conformity assessment procedure to the requirements of this Technical Regulation of the Customs Union.Conformity assessment of equipment is mandatory and is performed in the form of certification.
- Conformity assessment procedures of equipment specified in this Technical Regulation of the Customs Union(Customs Union Certification/Declaration) are performed by the accredited certification bodies (conformity (confirmation) assessment) and by accredited testing laboratories (centers), included in the Unified register of certification bodies and testing laboratories (centres) of the Customs Union.
- Conformity assessment of equipment is carried out under the schemes in accordance with the Regulation on the order of application of typical conformity (confirmation) assessment schemes within the technical regulations of the Customs Union(Customs Union EX Certificate), approved by the Customs Union Commission
- The applicant under certification scheme 1c, 3c, 4c can be a legal or an individual person as an individual entrepreneur or being a manufacturer, or functioning as a foreign manufacturer (authorized representative of foreign manufacturer in the territory of the Customs Union) on the basis of the contract with him in the part of ensuring compliance of the supplied products to the requirements of this technical regulation and in the part of bearing responsibility for non-compliance of the supplied products to the requirements of Technical Regulation(Customs Union EAC-EX Certificate) of the Customs Union (person, functioning as a foreign manufacturer), registered on the territory of the Member State in accordance with the law of the Member State of the Customs Union.
- Certificates of conformity(GOSTR), issued before 15 February 2013 (effective date of TR CU 012/2011-TR CU Ex-proof Certificate) , shall be valid within the whole validity period, but not longer than 15 March 2015.
- Certificates of conformity-GOSTR, issued before 18 October 2011 (date of publication of the Decision of the Customs Union Commission No 825) shall be valid within the whole validity period.
- At present time according to the changes introduced by the Article 24 of the Federal Law No.248-FZ dated July 19, 2011 in the Federal Law No. 116-FZ «Industrial safety of hazardous production facilities» dated July 21, 1997 to the Article 7, cl.6: “The technical devices at hazardous industrial facilities can be used provided that the Permit for use is granted by the Federal executive body in industrial safety field (Rostekhnadzor), if other form of compliance assessment of the technical devices, used at hazardous facility, to the mandatory requirements, is not determined by the technical regulations».
The Rostekhnadzor controls the observance of safety requirements at the stages of putting into operation and use of Ex-equipment (Customs Union ATEX Certificate (EAC-EX) at hazardous production facilities and the elimination of hazardous production facilities
TR CU Customs Union ATEX Certificate (EAC-EX) can be issued for certain quantity, shipment base or for serial production up to 5 years.
The Customs Union ATEX Certificate can only be issued by certification bodies entered in the Unified Register of certification bodies and testing laboratories (centers) of the Customs Union.
To provide TR CU Ex-proof Certificate of Conformity, factory audit by Experts and sample testing is required. Also, annual inspection control will be applied in the certificate during the validation period. All Certificates of Conformity of the Customs Union are registered in the Unified Register of certificates of conformity issued using a common form.
TR CU Ex-proof Certificate (TR CU Customs Union ATEX Certificate (EAC-EX) will be issued with an Ex-Attachment; which is written all important technical data and specifications regarding explosion proof characteristics of the subject equipment.
Any certificate require a local Applicant Company, which is representing the Producers in the abroad. This company should be registered in the territory of Customs Union.